Friday, May 11, 2012

Finished Product Friday

By way of following up the Work in Progress Wednesday I posted several months ago, I give you, Finished Product Friday! I can't show the finished version of the blanket, because I'm still working on it. But my giraffes have been done for a while, and I finally got my hands on some spray paint to transform what I affectionately call the "ugly elephant".

 It wasn't so ugly - Andy quite liked it. But, I specifically bought it with visions of a brightly coloured ceramic elephant in my life, so I got my spray paint on and transformed the pants off this elephant (heh, imagine an elephant in pants).

I think the elephant and the giraffes are getting along just beautifully, don't you?


Especially when you add in the gorgeous blooms given to us as a housewarming 'bouquet' by Dee and BoaB.  It feels good to finish things!

4 comments:

Kari said...

I love the way you updated the elephant! You've reminded me how something relatively straightforward can make such a difference - my (small) creative part is getting a little itchy as a result :P

Emily @ Emmy June said...

I love what you did with the elephant. He looks so good in green :)

Theresa said...

Thanks ladies! I hear spray paint can transform just about anything. This was my first foray, but I see many cans in my future...

DJ said...

I lovelovelove this elephant - that is all. (n_n)