Friday, September 18, 2009

Scrambled.

One of the fairly easy, fairly healthy dishes I find myself relying on a lot when Andy goes away (and even a bit when he's here) is tofu scramble. The beauty of the scramble is in its variability--there are so many different flavour combinations, veggies and other add-ins that can be used so it doesn't get monotonous.

This scramble was actually more veggie than tofu. It had potatoes, broccoli, capsicum and grated carrot. The flavours were nothing too extreme--some cumin, and then brown rice vinegar, bragg's, and fresh dill after the heat was turned off. Served with some multi-grain toast spread with miso, this was a great dinner that was done quickly but left me feeling satisfied (and all full of carby, proteiny goodness).

7 comments:

nora said...

I agree! scrambles will never get old! And mine always have more veggies than tofu too :)

lisa said...

Mine usually has more tofu than veggies. I must remedy this!

Stacy said...

yum! we love a good scrambled tofu on the weekend

nora said...

Also, thanks for your interest in my thesis! I'm looking at the disconnect between people's environmental awareness and their actually taking action on that information in terms of their dietary choices. My first chapter will just be a research paper on the impacts of meat/dairy/eggs on the environment, a history of the veg movement, etc. Then I'm going to perform a survey of college students at my school, looking at the difference between what they know, how environmentally conscious they perceive themselves to be, and what they eat, looking to find out why people are able to compartmentalize eating into this part of their life that doesn't have to based on logic.

Sorry, what a long explanation!

Vaala ◪ said...

Tofu scrambles are great and that one looks especially delicious...lots of veges really make it taste good. This reminds me I haven't made one in a while though...should probably remedy this.

x said...

That photo is making me miss tofu scrambles!

Amy said...

That looks really yummy. I never make tofu scrambles - it always seems like so much effort!! (I am aware of how stupid this sounds when I spend 3 hours making stuffed pasta on a monthly basis)