Friday, October 12, 2007

Two new favourites

Eggplant parm, one of Andy's new favourite dinners. We used Buffalo Mostarella from the Ultimate Uncheese, spread onto grilled eggplant and then covered with tomato sauce and herbs. In the oven at the same time was asparagus, tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and cooked to tender perfection. When I first made asparagus like this, Andy asked "What is this sauce? I could drink it!" Drinking salty oil maybe isn't the healthiest choice!
Jerk tofu with sauteed zucchini and carrots. The jerk marinade was based on a recipe from Vegan Planet. It calls for 1/4 c. of oil, so when I dumped everything into the frying pan together, the tofu was sort of crispy-fried. Yummy, spicy, sweet, rich, this marinade is going to become a regular in my house.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Your food always looks healthy and delish, but this is awesome!

I'm so making the buffalo mozzarella sometime this weekend!!!

It's hot here in BrisVegas too. Someone needs to start a site where Aussies can whinge about the heat.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

wow, you're certainly getting your money's worth for that Uncheese cookbook - that eggplant parm looks delish!! haha, yeah, I don't think drinking the sauce would be a good idea either ;0)

ooh, the jerk tofu looks delicious as well!! I looove spice!!

Monika K said...

Eggplant Parmesan - a veggie's best friend! Everything looks delicious and I can't blame Andy - sometimes the best "sauces" are the simplest ones.

Pink Theory said...

oooh, that eggplant parm looks great smothered in all that sauce.

Anonymous said...

Yum!!!

Meg Wolff said...

This tofu dish with the summer squash looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

I need to make that mostarella too! No time this weekend though, I've been working more than usually. Maybe tomorrow.. hmm. and I do have an eggplant lying around that I'm not quite sure what do do with.

The food looks great, as always!

urban vegan said...

I have Vegan Planet, so I'll have to try their version of jerk seasoning. The crispy factor looks so appealing to me.

I do love the Uncheese Cookbook. I go back to it again and again.

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

i would so eat that eggplant dish.

Jackie said...

Yum the Eggplant parm looks great.