Friday, August 17, 2007

I've been Confirmed!

Yesterday was my Confirmation Seminar. Not the kooky Catholic thing where you eat Jesus and pledge your undying love to the pope. At JCU, post-grad students aren't considered 'candidates' until they go through the confirmation process. It involves a 2000 word proposal, a "substantive piece of scholarly writing", and a 30 minute presentation.

Needless to say, I was calm, cool and collected about the whole thing. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration. I was so nervous, and I mostly vented my tension by yelling at Andy all morning before my seminar! Sorry 'bout that, Andy.

Nerves or no nerves, I got through the presentation with no major mishaps, answered a few questions, and that was that. They decided I'm good enough, and I am officially a PhD candidate. Woo hoo!

5 comments:

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

Awesome! Very Cool. Congrats!!!

Amy said...

Good on ya! That's very impressive.

KleoPatra said...

Laughing my arse of at your first sentence. OMG, hilarious, T!

Congrat's to you on this great and momentous event. i'm so happy for you!

WOO HOO!!!

Anna said...

Yay! I knew you would, of course, but these things are stressful. Congrats! Doing anything special to celebrate?

bazu said...

Congratulations!