Monday, August 13, 2007

Amazon.com

An email from my cousin in Oklahoma...

Dear Friend,

I thought you might be interested in this HSUS campaign to stop
Amazon.com's sales of illegal animal fighting materials. Amazon
sells both cockfighting magazines and bloody, graphic
dogfighting DVDs. The company is so determined to continue
selling these materials that it filed a motion against The HSUS
in federal court, essentially asking that federal and state laws
to protect animals be gutted to accommodate Amazon's sales of
animal fighting paraphernalia!

Please ask Amazon to remove these materials from its website.
Here is a link for more information:
Click

5 comments:

urban vegan said...

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. How disgusting. I wanted to write a letter...but the links are expired....Can you please update?

urban vegan said...

Done! Thanks, Theresa.

bazu said...

Gross! That makes me really sad. If cockfighting is illegal in the U.S. why aren't its paraphernalia? This reminds me of my visit to Puerto Rico- I was so sad to see cockfighting venues there. Roosters are such interesting, intelligent creatures... this breaks my heart.

JENNA said...

This type of stuff makes me sad and sick to my stomach..thanks for sharing the info!

JENNA

Amy said...

Letter sent. How is it humans can be so cruel? Thanks for the link!